1. How many of your friendships have lasted more than ten years? Which of your current friends do you feel will still be important to you ten years from now? There's a few people I have known for more than 10 yrs but due to moving around, I haven't remained as close with them. I still maintain contact thanks to Facebook and text message *lol* I think all of them will still be just as important in 10 more years, plus a couple more :o)
2. When you look at yourself in the mirror, what’s the first thing you look at? My head as a whole...and the whole time I'm asking myself "Is my hair neat? Is my makeup smeared? Do I have anything stuck in my teeth?"
3. Who was the most recent person on your missed call list on your cell phone? What’s your relationship with the person? It was an unavailable #
4. What did your last text message you received on your cell phone say? Door Panel
5. How would you “label” yourself? Crazy
6. What was your favorite age that you’ve been? 21
7. What is your current desk top picture? What’s it significant? It's a photo I took of the ocean in Myrtle Beach
8. What was the last thing you said to someone that you‘d like to take back? I don't remember
9. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to go back in time and fix all your mistakes which would you choose? A Million bucks. All my mistakes have taught me something.
1. Do you have any special talents? Tell us about them. Not really, though I'm sure Richard would say I have a real knack for putting my foot in my mouth a lot. lol
2. What is your favorite sound? I love sitting out on the porch at night listening to the frogs. It means it's summertime.
3. What was your favorite TV show as a child or teen? Charmed and 7th Heaven.
4. There are a lot of specialty TV networks now devoted to things like golf, gardening, shopping, game shows, sports, news and sci-fi. Do you have any favorite TV networks? I like the Lifetime Movie Network.
5. What is your guilty pleasure TV show? Teen Mom
6. Berleen is on the top of a mountain. How on earth did she get there and what was she doing? She hiked up the mountain to blow off some steam I guess lol
7. Have you ever dreamt that you made love to someone you haven’t yet met? no
8. Berleen decides to run away and join the circus. What could you imagine her performing under the big top? trapeze!
9. What is your favorite sci-fi movie? Star Trek :)
10. What is your favorite reality show? Teen Mom
11. Bud says he is on vacation. What do you think he is doing? sitting on the beach with a cold one in his hand.
12. When shopping at the grocery store, do you always return your cart? no, not always.
13. Do you take compliments well? ummm it depends on what the compliment is and who it's from.
Today's happiness factor: Movies. I absolutely love watching movies. Vegging out, curled up on the couch in my sweats with my favorite blanket, watching a movie can put a smile on my face anytime. No matter what kind of movie it is that I happen to be watching.
Today's happiness factor: Facebook. I know it sounds corny and maybe immature to some of you, but signing into Facebook at least once a day puts a smile on my face. I grew up moving around and lost touch with a lot of close childhood friends but thanks to Facebook, I've reconnected with them.
I took some new photos of myself today. It's been a while since I last done so. Which brings me to me to today's happiness factor: Photography. I love taking photos whether it be for a specific purpose (birthday, holiday, wedding, etc.) or just because. Being behind the camera has always made me happy. Eventually I'd like to have some formal/professional training and a professional grade camera.
Here's a brief explanation of the Challenge: "Each day in August you are to post about something that makes you happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world."
So, for the 31 days of August I will be making one post per day about something that makes me happy. It might be something random or it might be something that happens that day. I'm hoping that I can keep this blog going long enough that when August 2011 rolls around, I can participate in this again as well as compare the entries I make to the previous years.
I would love to know if you've decided to do this as well, so make sure to comment if you decide to play along.
Today's happiness factor is: Music. Music makes me happy for several reasons. I tend to associate songs with certain time periods of my life, certain days or sometimes a specific day or memory. I could be having an off day, hear a song that triggers a memory and you will see the biggest smile spread across my face. Music is my therapy :)
Back in May I made a post asking you guys to please pray for friend Hailey's infant son, Carter, who was born with Tricuspid Artesia and was in need of a life saving heart transplant. After 74 days on the heart transplant list, Carter received his new heart on June 25th. However, after the transplant Carter had a whole new set of problems and required dialysis and a ventilator. I don't know the circumstances, but sadly, Carter passed away last Sunday, July 25th...one month after his transplant. This is a very difficult time for the Stoner family, but I know they have a lot of support from all of us they have shared Carter's story and journey with. Please pray for Hailey and her husband, Allen as they navigate their way through their grief.
1. Was your dad named after anyone? Somewhat after his father, I suppose, lol. He has his dad's 1st name as his middle name.
2. What do you think is the minimal age to get married? 25 lol! No seriously....you should live part of your adult life and get all the "kinks" out of your system before you connect your life to someone elses.
3. What’s the longest time that you‘ve been involved with the same person? Longest friendship is 12 years and counting...
4. What actor/actress do you consider hot at the moment? Jared Leto, Jude Law, Ryan Reynolds and Robert Pattinson
5. What is you favorite album by a band? The Foundation by Zac Brown Band
6. What is your favorite album by an individual artist? right now I am digging Recovery by Eminem
7. What is something that you‘d rather be a bit dirty? hmmm...I don't know lol
8. What was the last TV show that you watched? Teen Mom
9. How many people have you met from the blogosphere? Who are they? no
10. What's your philosophy on life? It is what it is and always will be so make the best of it!
11. Do you think prescription drugs are over prescribed? I think some narcotic pain meds are.
12. Would you keep a secret from me if you thought it was in my best interest? I don't know, guess it depends on what the secret is and what the circumstances are.
13. What is your favorite memory in the last year? working my shifts at Fas Mart with Leslie...we had a blast!
14. What is your favorite guilty pleasure? wild cherry pepsi
15. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you: I'm a computer nerd. I take care of all my own maintainence, etc.
16. You can have three wishes (for yourself, so forget all the 'world peace etc' malarky) - what are they? a new car, a new house and to have a healthy baby
17. Who would you want to get together with and make a cake? Rachel Ray
18. Which country is your spiritual home? USA
19. What is your big weakness? handsome blue eyed guys!
20. Do you think Judd Corizan is a good person? I can't say either way....I don't know him.
21. What was your best/favorite subject at school? math
22. Describe your accent: New England/Southern mix thanks to being in New Hampshire til I was 10 and being in the south for the last 12 years.
23. If you could change anything about yourself, would you? just my weight
24. What do you wear to sleep? usually a nightgown or shorts and a t-shirt
25. What is your favorite casual outfit to wear? jeans and one of my cute blouses
26. Do you use cigarettes or alcohol? I drink occasionally and I used to smoke but quit about 8 months ago.
27. If I only had one day to live, what would we do together? (If you have no idea, just say something crazy, it'll entertain me!) Go parasailing!
28. Rate the memes that you play generally. Use any scale or just in order. I haven't played my memes in a while due to not having internet while I was moving, but I love Thursday Thunks and Sunday Stealing.
You are more than welcome to share anything you find on My Not So Little Musings on your own blog or anywhere else you wish to share it, as long as you provide a link back. Please give credit where credit is due!
I am 29 yrs. old. I'm extremely talkative. I'm stubborn. I'm determined to do things my way and learn things for myself. I don't always know what I want, but when I do...I go after it. I am the definition of a "girlie girl". My favorite colors are pink and purple. I love getting my nails done and I won't go anywhere without my iPhone. Monster energy drinks are my weakness.
I've been a licensed tax preparer since 2004. I'm currently attending college and persuing a degree in Network Systems Management.
I'm blessed with pretty supportive family and friends. My life may not always be perfect, but it is amazing most of the time. I really don't think I could ask for much more.