CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

MOVED!

This blog is no longer updated. Please visit me at my new home on the world wide web


Thank you!

Monday, August 30, 2010

It MUST be a Case of the Mondays

It's been quite an interesting afternoon and evening around here.

Today was pay day for me. So when Sarah's grandmother came over to pick her up and take her to get Melodie and Zack from school, Bryson and I went too. We picked the kids up from school, picked up my pay check, went to the bank and then headed to Walmart.

Have any of you ever been to Walmart with 3 kids? It definitely was nowhere near as bad as it could have been. In fact, the kids were very well behaved as we went through the store, grabbing the few items we had went there for (laundry detergent, trash bags, pine sol and febreze). It was when we got to the self check out that it started to go downhill. The kids started asking for candy. (Blasted checkout displays!) Sarah told them no, not today and that would have been the end of it, if Sarah's grandmother hadn't been with us.

While Sarah and I were busy at the self check out, her grandmother decided to take Melodie and Zack (Bryson was sitting in the cart) over to the next check out and buy them candy bars anyway. We didn't see what was happening until her grandmother was handing the cashier the money.

Sarah was furious! If I were in her shoes, I would have been too. Although, I swear I must have been turning blue/purple on the car ride home as I fought to choke back the laughter as she argued it out with her grandmother.

Sarah: I told them no, grandmama.
Grandmother: I thought you said no because you couldn't afford it and I had some money and wanted to buy them some candy.
Sarah: I told them no because they have plenty of snacks at home. If you wanted to get them the candy, you should have asked me instead of going behind my back.
Grandmother: But they've been at school all day and they're hungry.
Sarah: And they're just going to starve to death before dinner. I guess you better get ready for a funeral.

Sarah was being sarcastic, of course. Her grandmother didn't just buy them some candy. She got them each a king sized candy bar. One regular size candy bar for them all to share would have been more than sufficient. We don't give them a whole lot of sweets or junk, especially since Zack's cavity was discovered.

Things calmed down a little bit once we got home. Sarah put the candy bars up and didn't let the kids have them. Once Richard got home, we ordered the new italian style pizza from Pizza Hut for dinner. Then, Richard helped Melodie and Zack with their homework while Sarah took me to the school so I could take my Algebra test. I ended up getting an 82.5% on the test which brought my 99.5% average to an 86.8% Hopefully I can bring it back up soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
You are more than welcome to share anything you find on My Not So Little Musings on your own blog or anywhere else you wish to share it, as long as you provide a link back. Please give credit where credit is due!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Copyright ©2010 My Not So Little Musings.
This Blog is created and maintained by Noelle.