CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

MOVED!

This blog is no longer updated. Please visit me at my new home on the world wide web


Thank you!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

My New Beginning

Do you believe that things happen for a reason? I do. We may not always know what the reason is right when a particular event takes place, and sometimes we may never know the reason.

Some of you that have been following me for a while know that I moved down here to South Carolina at the beginning of last year when Richard first got married and moved down here. I started online college courses and was trying to do something with my life. Then last summer when my Dad and my younger sister started having some health issues, I decided to go back to my Mom's house in Tennessee. My car was repo'd not long after I got home and I was just feeling depressed over everything

I got a job as an assistant manager at a gas station. I stayed busy between work and my online classes. I got another car at a buy here/pay here car lot and did my best to stay on track. I eventually had to give up my online classes because I was working full time plus some and my school work was suffering. Before I knew it, it was November and I had been back in Tennessee for 5 months.

So, I requested 3 days off and came down here for a visit. I didn't want to go home! Visiting made me realize how much I missed being here but the fact of the matter was that I had a job in Tennessee and I didn't have a job here. Between November and March, I made 5 trips down here. Then I began having issues with my car and I lost my job.

Since I wasn't working I decided to go back to school at the Business College. My car finally got fixed at the end of May and classes started June 1st. I went through my 1st week of classes and during this time, Zack and Bryson were in Tennessee visiting with their momma and Richard called me and asked me if I would mind bringing them home for him that weekend.

So on June 5th (ironically, 1 yr. to the day I had left South Carolina) I picked the boys up from their momma and headed this way. However, I was about 15 miles away when out of nowhere a dog ran out into the middle of the road and I hit it. I busted the radiator, bent in the sub frame and radiator support. I didn't have the money to fix it and pay the car payment too. Not without being in Tennessee and attending classes so that I would get my financial aid check. So, I let the buy here pay here come get the car and I sat here in South Carolina for the last three weeks.

During this time, I was given the option of being able to stay permanently. To be honest, although I had missed this place so much and I never wanted to go home when I'd come to visit, I wasn't 100% sure of what I wanted to do. I wavered back and forth. I eventually decided to stay.

I now need to find a new job so I've started at TheLadders.com where I found some great resume writing techniques and interviewing tips.

I'm staying for me. I'm not perfect. I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I don't think this decision is one of them. I think staying here is the only way I'm ever going to do anything for myself. I grew up spoiled. I've always held a job and I've had some responsibilities but my parents have always made things easy for me and that's just not acceptable anymore.

The first 3 weeks were definitely rough. I hadn't planned on being here but overnight so I didn't have hardly anything with me. I was washing clothes like every other day. But Richard just had to take the boys back to Tennessee to see their momma so I rode with him and got some of my things. Obviously not everything but enough to be comfortable :o)

Everything happens for a reason. Me hitting that dog and being stuck here was a sign that I need to be here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
You are more than welcome to share anything you find on My Not So Little Musings on your own blog or anywhere else you wish to share it, as long as you provide a link back. Please give credit where credit is due!

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Copyright ©2010 My Not So Little Musings.
This Blog is created and maintained by Noelle.